The police investigation.
So often we have seen or heard the statement from police departments around the world that there has been a thorough investigation only to find out later through an inquiry the investigation was flawed. Being mindful that police in most part do a great job bungled investigations there have been. The initial investigation into Harry Phipps and his alleged involvement into the disappearance of the Beaumont children was one. Some detectives at Major Crime South Australia appeared to have made their minds up regarding Phipps from an early stage. Informing Mullins he was beating his head up again a brick wall and he was chasing his tail. Mullins and Hayes believe the basics were not followed. Examples :
1. Haydn Phipps alleges his father sexually abused him as a minor. Also having an involvement in the abduction of the children. He was never met and interviewed by Major Crime. Haydn has now passed away.
1b.Angela Phipps Fyfe. Haydn’s ex-wife who came forward with the initial information regarding Harry Phipps. She was never met nor interviewed by Major Crime. Angela has now passed away.
Angela Fyfe / Phipps
2.The lady that was raped/sodomised at the hands of Harry Phipps in the 1970s who reported this crime with a friend to the police. She was told by the police in the early 1980s they can make a statement but this will be hard to prove.
3.Steve P and his mate that took the satin garments from the Harry Phipps house in Glenelg. He knew Harry Phipps second wife well . He has never been met nor interviewed.
4.Gary L that who took more satin garments out of Harry Phipps house; he knew the second wife of Harry Phipps very well indeed has never been met nor interviewed.
5. Haydn Phipps next-door neighbour in the 1950s 1960s and early 70s. Experiencing on several occasions Harry Phipps handing out of pound notes. He was one of the recipients; described the Phipps family as completely dysfunctional. He has never been met, never interviewed.
6. Norm L and his wife worked as a barman at an Adelaide South Terrace gentleman’s club in the 1970s. A club that Harry Phipps frequented attired in Satin dresses together with other like-minded males. Norm was never spoken to nor interviewed. He passed away in mid-2017.
7. Haydn Phipps closest male cousin Peter. He had sent many letters and emails to Major Crime asking them why he has never been interviewed. Peter knew of Harry Phipps satin fetish and of Hadyn’s abuse at the hands of Harry. The handing out of pound notes and Harry’s physical description. He has never been nor interviewed.
8. Arch Bishop John Hepworth who knew of Harry Phipps in pedophilic circles in the 1950s 1960s and 1970s has never been met nor interviewed in relation to his knowledge of Harry Phipps.
9. The Strata Titled Apartment Managers at Broadbeach Queensland where Haydn Phipps owned a beachside unit. They experienced first hand Haydn Phipps ” unusual behaviour” over several years. They saw Haydn on several occasions sprawled out on the front lawn of the apartment late at night dressed in women’s clothing. A brassier on the outside, wearing stockings; with lipstick smeared across his lips. Always in a drunken state and sobbing. The managers both stated something was eating away at Haydn but they were unsure what. When sober Haydn after affection and would come down stairs to talk. BUT he was a troubled soul but they never knew why. They were never interviewed by the police /major crime.
This is just an example with more in the book. A thorough investigation? It had not been.
The dossier pictured above was sent to Major Crime several times.
In 2017 SAPOL with new detectives on the case and working with Channel 7 and Bill Hayes elevated Harry Phipps to a person of interest in regards to his alleged involvement into the disappearance of the missing Beaumont children.
Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.
This page is written and constructed by Stuart Mullins.
The Satin Man.
Uncovering the Mystery of the Beaumont Children” was written due to a tip off. A tip off which resulted in ten years of investigation in which Whiticker and Mullins continued their hunt for the truth .The Satin Man book looks at a new potential suspect, a person of influence, money, persuasiveness and power . A family patriarch a man with a peculiar predilection for Satin may have been involved.A person hidden in clear sight